According to Robert Cialdini, there are six ways of influencing people to comply with you.
- Reciprocation. People tend to return a favor.
- Commitment and Consistency. If people make a commitment in a perceivable or tangible form, they are likely to honor that commitment.
- Social Proof. People will do things that they see other people are doing.
- Authority. People will tend to obey authority figures, even if they are asked to perform objectionable acts.
- Liking/Friendship. People are easily persuaded by other people that they like or are friends with.
- Scarcity. Perceived scarcity will generate demand